Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The making of a cover!


This is for the people who think I'm a big Tron fan. I am of course, the first movie is still a favorite, the second... well it was pretty to look at. Anywho here's how covers work. I get a list of ideas from the writer which I do different takes of, in this case Cassi fighting off some monsters and Bart having a sort of flashback.  Cassie was captured by NOWHERE and they seem to prefer the 'Tron' suits. Scott wasn't sure which DC wanted so I did one of each. I turn them in and then we wait.

Since it's part of a crossover it's got to go through more than the usually people so it takes longer. Well after about a week it was decided that all the TT would get captured at the end of 7 and so I was asked to turn in a new layout (nothing really new, I did like 6-7 layouts for issue 6 which had some JL members that were supposed to show up) but DC thought it would be cool for me to redo the issue 1 cover with EVERYONE in 'Tron' suits.


So I did this up and was told to get to work. Now I'm not a guy who's ever happy with what he's done in the past, so I don't really like the issue 1 cover now. BUT, I (sometimes) do what I'm told so I did it up;)

I did make a few changes, pulled Skitter and Bunker up into the front a bit more.

Now I liked cover ideas 2 and 3. The thing is, the covers I would prefer to do are not always the ones picked by DC or Marvel or whoever. But they are the ones paying the bills so I draw the ones that they want. Sometimes I'm happy with the end result, other times not so much, but that might just be me and my negative thinking.

I will say this, the 'Tron' outfits are only for a few issues, then back to the normal ones that people hate!

Bestest!

Brett

4 comments:

David said...

I love the new costumes!!

Also, should've gone with the Bart-central cover. But that's okay. People make mistakes.

I'm f***ing LOVING your art on this book. It's incredible, and Bart's never looked better!! Since Impulse, that is. :P

KEEP IT COMING, BRETT!!!!
We love you.


David

Brett said...

David,

Talk to editorial!

I just read the cross over plot.... fricken brutal!

Best,

Brett

Brian said...

I'm probably never going to be a fan of the new costumes, but I love the actual artwork, and the story, so it's really a minor detail.

Actually, Cass's is growing on me.

bestpmchennai said...
This comment has been removed by the author.