Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Athiest Parents?

Go here for the story: Can Atheists be Parents?

EDIT: Apparently this took place in 1970. After a little more poking around I found that this ruling was indeed overturned (as it should have been) and the child was adopted. THis is a reminder to always check the date!

Here's a perfect example of a 'Christian Law' that got snuck in. Sounds fair to me;) I've known Christian parents, I've known Wiccan parents, Religion has no bearing on good parents. Personally, I think it should be illegal to instruct ANY child in religion. they should find their religion or atheism on their own. If religion is good, it shouldn't have any problems getting believers.

No comments on this one people, this is just info. I don't really want to have a discussion on fairness and tolerance in religion/government.

Bestest,

Brett