Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Sunday, May 15, 2011

This Sunday, how NOT to talk to Atheists...

I guess there are websites out there that 'teach you' how to  talk to Atheists and people of religions other than yours. And while I won't speak for the religions, I can safely say this is NOT the way to try and convert an Atheist: 

I laughed my ass off when I read this! There are other tactics, like trying to say all the science of Evolution has been refuted by these guys who aren't really scientists in those fields (or any fields for that matter) but they're not nearly this funny! Pascal's wager, seriously?! If that was the case you'd have to practice all religions on the planet, funny how they only seem to care that you practice THEIR religion. Of course they know the real answer... Bible quotes!!!!

Anywho enjoy. Blogger was down with some problems a few days ago so I wasn't able to answer some questions. DOn't worry M.O.R. I will get to it!

Best,

Bret

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I believe I heard somewhere that there are FOUR times as many serious historians who deny the holocaust than serious scientists that deny evolution.

I always find social instructions of that kind you mentioned rather amusing. Reminds me of a friend of mine who wanted to be a Class-A Chickmagnet and would read various PDFs he had aquired on how to deal with women. Usually it was a in a similar accuracy as your conversion tactics.

Good stuff though Brett, I've had a few good laughs out of that topic as well.

- The Artist

M.O.R said...

Sweet! I'm like an imaginary editor. Do I get imaginary pay and holidays too? :)

I think the main problem is ignorance and lack of respect for others beliefs or race.
I mean, imagine if one were to come upon someone of a different race, most of us would not ask what race or religion they were, but the ignorant @-Hole would ask "What are you?" "Are you Asian/ Black/ Mexican/ Irish? etc"
It sounds silly, but we all know there is at least one ignorant fool, to put it mildly, who would ask that question.
Same goes for religious belief. Shouldn't be an issue, the man/ or woman inside is the person we should respect, not their religious/ spiritual/ beliefs/ non-beliefs.
Hell, if it's not religion, people go ape over sports teams. Ridiculous.

World would be alot better if we embraced the differences, rather than fight over them.

Fatboy73 said...

Here's something I made a while back and feel it could be a pretty convincing coercion tool in the right hands.

http://s211.photobucket.com/albums/bb31/Fatboy1973/Random%20posts/?action=view&current=Vengance.jpg

I mean if your going to believe in any of the major religions it's really all you kneed to know.

benjonesart said...

The Bible alone is the word of God and is absolute truth. It is without error. It cannot and should not be added to or subtracted from (2 Timothy 3:16-4:4; Revelation 22:18-20), and it is also the ultimate authority on spiritual matters. Every word of it is inspired by God, so you can't just pick and choose what you 'think' is true.

This quote sums up why I am Agnostic ( the believer type) how in the world are you going to write this when they're several versions of it and some gospels where removed ( according to the history of the vatican) because those were not very PC to the holy churches agenda? Lord people read on stuff from time to time and learn something. If hell exists I have a feeling its going to be populated with Idiot souls wondering what they did wrong when all they did was follow the bible exactly, and notice their book is a whole lot smaller than Gods teachers manual.

Anonymous said...

Hee, my grandmother always maintained: "There's two things you don't talk about at the dinner table: religion and politics."