Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Friday, January 29, 2010

Circus of the Damned #2 Cover Layouts

Since I can't show the actual covers yet, I thought these might be interesting. For Anita I've been asked to do layouts and then Laurell picks which one she likes best. So, here are a few examples of cover ideas. These are all of Master Vampire Jean-Claude.


He seems to be saying "Hey, big boy.";)


Jean-Claude and Steven the werewolf.


Lounging in his leather chair, while contemplating world events... or new sexual positions, your choice;)


A bit closer, think he might have an idea... or a new position;)

Look in the May previews for a Stargate cover I did for Dynamite. We're still waiting on approval for Storm Front, so I'm finishing off the last pages of Vampire Huntress. I'm on page 19 now so almost done.

I've got a new sketch that I have to scan so I'll put that up when I get off my ass.

Best,

Brett

5 comments:

Savage Juno said...

Hey yourself, Jean-Claude. ;) Can't wait.

Thanks for posting. Love to see the process.
-Leslie

Jess of All Trades said...

Love to see the sketches! Thanks for Sharing.

Crow said...

OMG, are you going to draw more Anita? Thank you so much. I wish you would do another set of her comics. They are not the same without you.

~Crow

Brett said...

No problem, once I get the OK I'll post the finals. You can try and guess which ones were picked;)

Crow,

I'm just doing covers for Circus. Ron Lim was still under contract so I couldn't draw the book:( Maybe the next one:)

Best,

Brett

Crow said...

I hope so. I don't mind the current one (artist) but it's not the same. Lord knows I can't draw comic format.

~Crow