Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Tch's questions

TCH asks:


' Firstly I'd like to you how you keep up to date on the paleontology. You seem to read up quite a bit so I wondered if you had subscription to some journal?'


Well, I read several blogs with dinosaur themes:

Tetrapod Zoology

Laelaps

Then there is the Dinosaur Mailing List.

I'm not on the list anymore but I read the archives, they are usually a day behind.

And then of course Yahoo news has some good stuff. I sometimes get papers but they are usually pretty hard to get through.


' Secondly, did it ever occur to you to start up some dinosaur comic, either something in the style of Raptor Red or the classic Cadillacs and Dinosaurs? '

Yep, in fact I even drew 5 pages of it, but I didn't have the time to do it. We even had this cool thing planned so that when you put your cursor over a new dinosaur a fun fact would pop up. I'm hoping to have time too do the panel to panel stuff for the dino book. I inquired about doing Raptor Red for Dabel but it didn't sell that well so Random House didn't want to do it. Maybe one day:)


'Also some dragon sketches would be interesting to see :)'

I don't have any sketches but will a Pern fan picture work? It's got a Dragon:)

Best,

Brett

1 comment:

TCH said...

sweetness! made my day :D