Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Oh, F#@% you Popie!

I've been tired of hearing all the religious crap going around, mostly bad like the Catholic Church excommunicating the people who had that poor little 9 year old girl's pregnancy (through rape from her stepfather) terminated. She was 9!!!! Or the stuff with a guy in the Arab world (the country escapes me right now but it might be Saudi Arabia) were he got 20 years for saying the Koran supports equal rights for women (the religious world putting down women and the people who support their rights, how shocking!) And then of course was the Jesus face that 'appeared' on a seat cushion a Priest was sitting on (WOW how amazing... a cushion... how holy.) But then I read this:

"You can't resolve it with the distribution of condoms," the pope told reporters aboard the Alitalia plane headed to Yaounde, Cameroon, where he will begin a seven-day pilgrimage on the continent. "On the contrary, it increases the problem."

That is from his royal Popieness himself, the Emperor from Star Wars... He is right, condoms ALONE won't solve it but they will help tremendously, but then to say they will increase the problem..... I have one thig to say to him. F#@% YOU! I still can't believe people listen to this guy. He lives in a palace while people who esentually worship him go hungry... They hid childmolesters for YEARS, sending known abusres to new churches to abuse more kids... And then to say this to a country were something like 25% of the poplulation has HIV... UGH!

This is why I fear religion... not for any supposed 'hell' but for the the 'hell' they bring to everyone around them. Good job Popie, now let hear your informed ideas on how to fix the economy... I hear praying is good for that...

Best,

Brett

3 comments:

Nessie Knows said...

As someone who was raised catholic but has had free thought for years I am glad someone thought about this as well...bought it up to my mom once and dad and they went ballistic over my thought...I kinda hit them with a lot of thoughts at once and they basically grounded me because I made them think...oh well....20 years later i still think...

Brian Reiter said...

Joseph Ratzinger is a frightening man. I have heard his nickname when he was head of the Inquisition was "God's Rottwieler", which struck me as particularly unkind to Rottwielers.

Brett said...

Nestor, that was the NICE post. I toned down a lot of it. I was so incensed all I saw was red. But I commend you for your forward thinking!

Brian,

LOL! Very funny! I swear he was the evil Emperor from Star Wars in his past life (thus proving Hinduism is the one true religion;))

Best,

Brett