Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Teen Titans #1 Out TODAY!


Norm and Scott will be signing this evening in LALA land. With Flash writer and colorist Brian Bucellato.
Head on over I believe there may be a new Flash issue this week as well. I haven't heard much about it;P

Wednesday, September 28
Meet Teen Titans’ Scott Lobdell and Norm Rapmund and The Flash’s Brian Buccellato
5:30 to 7:30
The Comic Bug
1807 Manhattan Beach Blvd.
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266
www.thecomicbug.com
(310) 372-6704
Original Art from Teen Titans #1 will be on display (so that's why I only got issue 2 art back.)

Have fun, I sent Norm some signed issue one so I want to see a bloody, bloody battle for them. Maybe in the form of a raffle.

Starting issue 5 today!

Best,

Brett

6 comments:

Brian said...

I'm still not fond of the costumes, but I really dig the art on a whole. Also not overly fond of the amount "rebooting" that went into a lot of my favorite characters here, but the story worked for me.

Still want WALLY more than this, though. ;)

Rogue said...

Congrats to you and Scott on the first issue. Totally worth the wait!!

heffison said...

I've seen a lot of comments around the web from people who weren't sure about the artwork going in, but now they're sold. Sounds like you knew what you were doing after all. :) Congratulations on the success of your book.

So, are we going to get a review of Terra Nova?

Brett said...

Glad you liked it Brian. Would love to get ahold of Wally, hopefully after TT:)

Thanks Rogue!

heffison,

Thanks!

I don't know if I'll have the strength to relive Terra Nova... really bad doesn't quite say it all. There just wasn't anything original about the story. And those 'Slashers' , they need to cut down on the junk food. Maybe if my headache goes away I'll write something up, just to piss of Andrew, he liked it!

Best,

Brett

David said...

I can't...I don't...It does...when did...isn't that...

DEAR GOD.

There's only one way this book didn't live up to ALL my expectations: it wasn't 60 pages long. This was so much FUN to read. I'm really excited to see where it goes, and to see what you all have planned for these characters.

Oh, and I LOVED BART. For my favorite DC character, this book was so awesome. He was SO FUNNY. And you made him look great, as I've told you countless times. Again, I love the little chin fuzz too, it's just...it makes him that much funnier, to me.

Finally, I have to say (something Scott pointed out to me while he signed my issue) that I think it's HILARIOUS that an X-Men writer for years decided to put a mansion fire in Westchester, NY. :P
(Did I blow your minds?)

I have Scott's STUNNING drawing of Bunker here on my wall, and I'll be posting it soon to this blog, I think. :D

BRING ON THE TITANS!!!

Brett said...

LOL! Hi David!

Yeah I think oversized might have been a way to go to get everyone in there. It's amazing how much into you loose with just 2 pages!

Yeah, Scott lied to us about that. He said MISSION in the plot, or I would have put some X stuff in the background;)

Send it over any I'll post it!

Best,

Brett