Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Friday, March 7, 2008

Call me Ishmael...

They recently found a white killer whale!

Here's the article and a picture! White killer whale spotted off Alaska!


Too cool!

Best,

Brett

Update: More pictures here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when you randomly put up pics of anthros I've been wondering about. I was specifically thinking about what you'd do with an orca, and now here we are. With the sea animals, how do you decide whether to go mermaid-ish like this one, or two-legged, like the hammerhead? Or is it just whatever "feels" right?

Warmaiden said...

Always loved these animal pictures of yours Brett. Alway wondered why you did them. Are they are they part of the Kindred? For a book you were planning? Or just for the hell of it?

Never heard of a White Killer Whale. Is it just albino killer whale or a different species?

Brett said...

Chris I do them for myself because I like them:)They will be used for an art book I'm working on:)

It's not a real or true albino but it's white on off white.

Muffinhunter, it depends on the kind of anthro I guess this one is more like a faun so it's more human uptop with animal legs. The regular animal head ones would have legs...but it's really just what feels right;)

Best,

Brett

Warmaiden said...

Ah so that is the anthro book you were talking about. I will certainly be buying that book.

I once developed an entire novel and video game around your animal people, but we went in another direction.

Brett said...

Neat. I actually have 2 different stories for the them. One for the more primative looking ones called Eden and the other for the more techy ones called L.I.F.E., although I don't like that name very much.

I have had people ask me if they can use them to create a roll playing game but I declined.

Best,

Brett

Mountaineer_Elf said...

SWEET! That's super cool. I love orcas, they're beautiful. I'd love to see the whole animal.

Anonymous said...

Is there a difference, story-wise (as far as whatever stories you have in your head for these guys), between the more animalistic and more human-looking anthros?