Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Even Deucalion weeps for him...

Sad news for all of geekdom....

Gary Gygax, co-creator of the first role-playing game Dungeons and Dragons, has died at the age of 69.

...but Deucalion will soldier on, he's found a new map to the world of Gurps! (or some other such role playing game, all I can think of is Vampire right now....)

Seriously though, I used to play D&D when I was younger. I have a lot of fond memories of killing Kobalts.....That is until I got sick of it and started killing off my fellow players! Now THAT was fun;)

Best,

Brett

4 comments:

Fatboy73 said...

Ya what a tragedy,he was a true visionary and any one who enjoys fantasy owes him a word of thanks.

Anonymous said...

my mom never let me play D&D. she always thought it was about devil worship. i never did get to play i just remember seeing all the cool wierd sided dice.

frank

Anonymous said...

We had a deranged party of the following:

1-Vampire who was afraid of the dark.
1-Half Dragon Half Dragon
1-Pixie Barbarian
1-Paragon Toad

and me...yes...me. Just me. I played as myself. That was the funniest part of it all.

Sadly, our players left until we had none.

-Raid

Brett said...

Sorry to hear that Frank, but why not give it a shot now! Of course if you have a girlfriend that'd most likely be more fun;) I got into an argument over just that with a woman at a comic store. She insisted it was a manual for Satanism. When I tried to explain it was just a game she got all holier than thou on me. I stood my ground but she wouldn't listen to reason.

Raid, LOL!!!! Oh man, I had an oger assassin and a werewolf guy who would turn at interesting moments and attack everyone. That was always fun. We also played on this great system a friend of ours made up, I had a elf with boots of leaping who never got hit, or touched the ground. It was alot of fun.

Best,

Brett