Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

About Us

Welcome! Please note that if you've made your way here from DeviantArt, that account is no longer being updated. It only still exists because they don't allow you to delete it.

Brett Booth and Jess Ruffner-Booth are desert rats, living off-grid in a remote corner of the American Southwest with their dogs, assorted wild creatures, and plenty of dust and rocks. Think Road Warrior but with more bushes and fewer guns on the vehicles.

Between them, Brett and Jess have over thirty years in the comic book industry. Brett has worked on titles like Backlash, Wildcore, the Fantastic Four, and the X-Men, and is currently working on adaptations of novels. His most recent work that he is best known for is Marvel's adaptation of Laurell K. Hamilton's Guilty Pleasures, the first Anita Blake novel. Jess has worked as a colorist and is currently adapting Ms. Hamilton's third Anita Blake novel, Circus of the Damned.

Brett and Jess own Salukis, Afghan hounds, and Azawakh. They have been keeping sighthounds of various kinds for over a decade. Their specific interest has shifted away from the Western concept of the 'show dog', towards dogs that hopefully reflect their aboriginal roots, both functional and beautiful, but rustic. If you are looking for a puppy, please inquire, we will have occasional litters of Salukis and Azawakh. If we do not have available pups, we may know someone who is expecting a litter and are happy to refer you.

Our dogs live a natural life, with a home made diet, plenty of exercise, sunshine and digging in the dirt. We expect our dogs to be tough, intelligent, and healthy. We like dogs that are smart, show curiosity, and generally make a nuisance of themselves.

All pups are sold with a contract and health warrantee.

Enjoy your visit to our blog!

15 comments:

Matt Ross said...

I want to know you. I am very interested in Salukis (I have had several) and Afghans (do you know about Bakhmulls?)

Anyway, I want a new dog / last dog and I like what I think you're doing. please contact me @ (505) 216-5007 or Matthew-Ross@Comcast.net

I am in Santa Fe. Where are you?

Unknown said...

The best people you could ever buy a SALUKI from!! I love my baby boy, Elhim very much. They have the most awesome looking dogs I have ever seen! I love them!

Britta Thomas...
Lost in the Northeast Georgia Mountains

Neil Trilokekar said...

I really really like some of your hounds. I've been involved in Salukis for quite a while now and am myself more interested in PRESERVING the "breed" as received from the countries of origin - since that is where I first experienced the dogs. To me they're all the same - Saluki, Tazi, Afghan Hound; the latter doesnt exist in Afghanistan.. its simply called a Tazi, as I'm sure you're aware. It would be very cool to talk dogs with you sometime!!

Brett said...

Hi Britta,

Thanks for the kind words, we've been really lucky finding good quality dogs from good people:) We're so happy that Elhim is in a good home:)

Neil,

Jess will most likely send you a longer response when she's done with her latest script. I agree with you completely. I think the silk road and it's demise explain why we now have different types of Tazi. I know there are those who like to section off the types into their own breeds but I think that will ultimately be a mistake, especially if we allow the show breeders to dictate what is appropriate, especially for the more rare types. But I digress, love the picture on your site, the one bitch looks like a cross between an azawakh and a saluki, I've wondered what a cross between the 2 would look like:)

Best,

Brett

Joe said...

Hi Brett.Glad to see things are back to normal for you and Jess.

I just wanted to give my concern about a commission you had done for me some 5 to 6 years ago while you were having life problems and would like to see if we can make arrangements to either get the commission finally sent out, or to return payment back to me.


Just to get your memory to date,it was a rogue piece you had drawn for me with head sketches of Wolverine and Mohawk storm.

Brett said...

Hi Joe,

I believe I never received the second half of payment for that one. I still have it, but I can't actually remember the specifics.

Best,

Brett

Joe said...

Payment was in full. I was told that the piece would be sent out and it never made it.Thats when ever thing started to go south for you.Was never able to get back into contact with you.

Brett said...

Joe,

How much was the payment? I emailed it off and never heard back from you. I don't have a record for the second payment. At the time I would usually get paid half up front, then the rest once it was done. If I'm wrong that's fine but I was pretty darn sure I never got full payment.

Best,

Brett

Brett said...

Joe,

I found the post on that art site about the payment (http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=100146&page=8). A single character commission is/was indeed only $100.00. BUT you wanted a background with other characters, that's makes it more. That was a $200.00 commission that I never received the second payment for it. That is why it was never sent out.

Best,

Brett

Jess said...

What's wrong, Joe, don't want your commission? It is done. Please e-mail us at brettbooth at gmail.com if you still want it and are prepared to pay what you owe. If you don't want it, let us know so it can be sold to someone else.

Andrew Olson said...

I really love this blog. I was a huge fan of Brett's from his Wildstorm days and I'm thrilled he and Jess are doing this.
As an aside, you both seem to take the virtues of reason and science very seriously, which is obviously theoretically admirable...but have you herd of the author Michael A. Cremo? He is an archeologist who's works really need to be examined...I have two of his books, (Forbidden Archeology and Human Devolution) which I recently ordered, and I would be more than happy to send out to you guys.
Regards,
A. Olson

Brett said...

Hi Andrew,

We've been doing the blog for a few years now, way easier than a web page;)

I know who he is, he's a Hindu creationist. He does all the usual creationist things, misquotes, quote mines, assuming there's a giant scientific conspiracy to cover up the 'truth' and when all else fails, lies. I have a hard time accepting past life 'memories' as evidence for human origins. I can get you some names of actual science books on human origin if you like:) I'm not trying to attack you or anything, I just get miffed by these so called 'scientists' doing the exact opposite of science.

Best,

Brett

Anonymous said...

Right, I was just saying, not about his personal beliefs, but his findings about human antiquity, and what those implications mean for Darwinism. Points to you for knowing who he is, m'man.

Unknown said...

Hello...

I noticed that Brett posted the cover to "Backlash" #12 and mentioned that he was unable to find the backside of that issue's cover on the web.

That was almost a year ago and may be an obsolete topic by now.
But I had nothing else to do, so I scanned and uploaded it.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/79/backlash12backbig.jpg

Hope that helps.
Bye!

Brett said...

Hi Mondo,

Thanks! I'll put that up today along with a new Anita Blake cover:)

Best,

Brett