Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Friday, March 26, 2010

Circus of the Damned #2 Cover


I had posted the possible layouts for this cover a few months ago. Here is the final version colored all pretty like;)

Best,

Brett

7 comments:

MuffinHunter said...

Being reminded of this genre, I'm curious: are you familiar with the Kate Daniels books by Ilona Douglas? It's an interesting world that could make a cool comic, it has all the requisite monsters, and swordplay to boot. :) Kinda surprised it hasn't been a part of this wave of comic adaptations, actually, unless it's just not popular enough.

Brett said...

Looking her up right now:) Thanks!

Best,

Brett

MuffinHunter said...

For some reason, I always seem to mis-remember the author's name. It's actually Ilona Andrews, my bad.

Brett said...

I found her, or rather them. It's a husband and wife team. I ordered the first book, sounded interesting. DabelBrothers is only interested in high sales but I know a few other companies that might want to do it if it's good:)

Best,

Brett

Savage Juno said...

Wow. Just....wow.
Jean Claude as he should be.
Excellent work. Again, I can't tell you how happy you doing Anita covers makes me.
-Leslie

Crow said...

It's different from your regular work. Something isn't right about the chest, not as relaxed as you normally draw. But the face, hands, legs, and background are all great stuff but I just can't put my finger on it and if I said I loved it when something is different, I wouldn't be me. But you know I love your work.

~Crow

Ted said...

Wowwww, cool cover. I'm just spotting this website now, wow oh wow could I see the other layouts of cover two? I love all the alternate covers especially for Guilty Pleasures #1.
Also PLEASE tell me you're gonna do another Anita Blake Sketchbook. I totally look at this a lot (though I wish there was a colored version of the pictures also)
it's cool.

awesomeness
Ted