Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Nifty



I was around twelve or so when the first Tron came out. I remember sitting in an almost completely empty theatre with my friend Michelle, who didn't get it at all and kept asking me what was going on.

People are a lot more computer literate now.

5 comments:

SpotWeld said...

I keep looking at this Tron promo and I keep thinking "There's no way that this can end up being bad..."

I fully admit it could turn out to be a lousy movie, but it will still *look awesome*.

Anonymous said...

Tron is one of those geek classics that I just don't get. It is kind of fun to look at but the story just never connected with me.

-Steve

Brett said...

SpotWeld,

I'm with you, I'm hoping this will be good!


Steve,

I didn't get it the first time I saw it, only after I started to get into computers did I 'get it', not that there's some secret subplot or anything. Don't worry I won't make you watch it with me thinking you'll finally like it;) I did watch part of Tremors 3 last night:)

Best,

Brett

midnite00 said...

Tron is one of the movies I remember watching as a kid and not really having to get, it just made sense.

I hope the director doesn't let the improved computer animation override the story elements of the movie.

Pai said...

All the CG in Tron was hand-coded in DOS. I can't even imagine how tedius and time consuming that must've been... it was very impressive at the time.

This movie will either 'nail' the geeky vibe of the original, or fall on it's face. I hope it works out.

The remake needs to have a cameo by the Bit, or I'll be disappointed. =P