Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Wasting my time....

Today is the National day of 'Prayer'. While I don't think this should be Government sponsored, in theory it's not really a violation of the establishment clause. I of course, won't be participating. But now I feel that this has officially stepped over the line: We only want Christian prayers!

That's what happens when you let the worst crazy right wingers in charge!

And then of course prayer doesn't work: Praying away your child!

I'm sure some will disagree, but put it to the test. Pray for something that couldn't normally happen. Like all the fish learn to float on air. Or the Statue of Liberty should be showing some leg. If it happens I'll be happy to change my mind.

Best,

Brett

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again don't throw the baby out with the bath water! I dislike nuts who refuse medical attention on religious reasons; you don't find that teaching in the Bible. Also I don't like those who discount all prayer because sometimes it is misused. There are thousands of documented cases of healing and I've seen God heal on more than one occasion. I've also seen those I've prayed for get healed by doctors, or even remain sick and die. How does prayer work? I don't know. God is mysterious and sometimes what he does doesn't make sense to me, but I can't ignore the times he does work miracles simply because some kook refuses medical treatment.

-Steve

Brett said...

Why not praying does not work. Name me one scientifically proven miracle prayer healing. There isn't any. Sometimes things heal when the doctors doesn't think they will it doesn't mean it's a miracle. I was told by a vet that small dogs with broken legs usually don't heal, but I have had at least 8 that have out of 8 so is that a miracle, no just something we do right here with the high calcium diet. And the fact that you believe eyewitness more than actual facts is a bit strange. We know that eyewitnesses get most everything wrong and can't really be trusted. I want documented video footage (independently) of a faith healer healing a long blood gash. That would prove it. Funny how in this day and age that hasn't happened and been put on Youtube yet;)

Brett

Anonymous said...

Remember a miracle is something which happens outside the laws of nature. "Scientifically proven miracle" is a misnomer. Science is a tool not a standard. You can't use science to prove a great deal of reality; it is just too small and impotent of a measuring device, its abilities are extremely limited. Science is important, but it is useless in proving things of a historical nature, explaining art, measuring emotions. So it is always a bit funny when someone suggests using science to prove something outside of its boundaries. Science plays a part in obseving miralces. It can provide data like the CAT scan which shows a growing brain tumor for months, and a CAT scan which shows a completely healthy brain with no treatment (but prayer) the next day. A miracle, yes-scientifically provable-how? It can only be observed. Miracles are usually convincing proof for those who experience them. It is usually an extremely personal event between God and a few individuals. Skeptics have no ability to believe or recieve what is happening. They will always look for an avenue of doubt to follow even when it is more far fetched than the evidence in front of them.

-Steve

Brett said...

I tried to send this as an email for some reason.

I gave you some examples of how to prove it. Your avoiding the truth, a miracle would be easy to prove. Show something that violates the laws of nature. The Red sea parting again. A mountain floating. That's all you'd need. Something that scientists can't explain through natural means. Something that everyone can see. A fricken angel would do it.

It hasn't happened. We skeptics can believe. It's not my fault I'm not a easily taken in as others.


Brett