Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Zombie Jesus Day Werdna!

A few days ago I got a comment, sort of one of those digs that just irks you. It has a 'Happy Good Friday!!!!' thing (although I doubt Jesus would think so, being wiped and nailed to a cross would be kind of a downer. That's if he actually existed of course the jury is still out on that.) I thought it might be someone just trying to be nice but then they chose a nice quote about homosexuals that pissed me off. So, to show I can be just as petty and a bit more creative I have 'attacked' her/him/them back. I'm not actually trying to piss off the rest of the Christians who read this (although I'm sure I will,) just them... and the people who made that Face of Jesus thing on NatGeo or the History Channel. For crying out loud at least make Jesus look like a Middle Eastern Jewish man! And then of course you' think the Son of God would be in better shape!

And for the rest of you, Happy Easter. Here's the origins from wiki:

Anglo-Saxon and German

Ostara (1884) by Johannes Gehrts.

The modern English term Easter is speculated to have developed from Old English word Ēastre or Ēostre or Eoaster, which itself developed prior to 899. The name refers to Eostur-monath, a month of the Germanic calendar attested by Bede as named after the goddess Ēostre of Anglo-Saxon paganism.[15] Bede notes that Eostur-monath was the equivalent to the month of April, and that feasts held in her honor during Ēostur-monath had died out by the time of his writing, replaced with the Christian custom of Easter.[16] Using comparative linguistic evidence from continental Germanic sources, the 19th century scholar Jacob Grimm proposed the existence of an equivalent form of Eostre among the pre-Christian beliefs of the continental Germanic peoples, whose name he reconstructed as Ostara.

The implications of the goddess have resulted in theories about whether or not Eostre is an invention of Bede, theories connecting Eostre with records of Germanic folk custom (including hares and eggs), and as cultural descendant of the Proto-Indo-European goddess of the dawn through the etymology of her name. Grimm's reconstructed Ostara has had some influence in modern popular culture. Modern German has Ostern, but otherwise, Germanic languages have generally borrowed the form pascha, see below.



Now you know were the bunnies and eggs come from and that I'm a petty bastard!

Best,

Brett

Oh yeah, this image is a rip off of a cartoon I posted some time back, that was cute, this one... no so much;)

7 comments:

Derek Ruiz said...

I want Andrew to color this and us to make a print of this lol.

-Derek

Brett said...

I don't know of Andrew is into this kind of thing;) We'll have to see:)

Best,

Brett

Andrew Olson said...

WOW!!! I am honored!!! I sent you an email about
a dresden sketch(brettbooth@gmail.com?) but I want this one!!$100?$100 it is!

Brett said...

Hi Andrew,

Wrong Andrew, we were thinking of Andrew Dalhouse who's one of the colorists I work with:)

I haven't gotten the email yet, this board was ruined by a few mice so I'm doubtful you'll want it. No one likes mouse pee. It was ruined before I drew on it, it was a scrap.

Best,

Brett

Fatboy73 said...

Ehh I'll take the Soul Cake Duck over zombie jesus anyday :D

Retrieverman said...

Jesus ate fugu.

http://puffernet.tripod.com/tetrodotoxin.html

Rhio2k said...

SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS!!!