Posting:

Due to the current troll infestation we will be requiring you to sign in to leave a comment. Also, please note that we will be very nice in the regular posts, but we will not be gentle in the Sunday Blaspheme posts. You will be expected to back up any ideas with facts.

I am always happy to answer any questions I can:)

New Rule! Staff reserves the right to cuss you out and post your correspondence if you send us annoying emails.

Best!

Brett

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Oy Vey, not sure if this Sunday is kosher!



Found over at Grrlscientist. Sometimes even I am amazed at the human mind!

And Dear Abby had this to say about spooky ghosts!:

'DEAR ABBY: I am in my 40s and have never lost anyone close to me. Unfortunately, my darling mother-in-law has terminal cancer. I am now preoccupied that people's spirits are near us after they die.
Please don't laugh, but it gives me the creeps. I don't want to think my mother-in-law will watch me making love with my husband, that my father will watch me in the bathroom, or that my mother will be critical of my spending more time with my kids than cleaning the house as she did.
Am I crazy to think I might not have any privacy after my loved ones die? -- SPOOKED IN SPOKANE

DEAR SPOOKED: Calm down. The departed sometimes "visit" those with whom their souls were intertwined, but usually it's to offer strength, solace and reassurance during difficult times. If your mother-in-law's spirit visits you while you're intimate with her son, it will be only to wish you and her son many more years of closeness and happiness in your marriage.
As to your parents, when they travel to the hereafter, I am sure they'll have more pleasant things with which to occupy their time than spying on you. So hold a good thought and quit worrying.'


The best part was the comments, were the totally enlightened mass chimed in about the totally scientific study of 'Spirits'! I kid you not, there was a whole bunch of "Researchers now know that spirits do such and such." I kid you not. Where do people come up with this stuff? Check it out for yourselves! Crazy!

Best,

Brett

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooops, I think you meant to put this up on Saturday for the Kosher Jews.

Anyways God apparently would ridicule such silly ideas as well, check out his story from Mark 2:23-27

23One Sabbath Jesus was going through the grainfields, and as his disciples walked along, they began to pick some heads of grain. 24The Pharisees said to him, "Look, why are they doing what is unlawful on the Sabbath?"

25He answered, "Have you never read what David did when he and his companions were hungry and in need? 26In the days of Abiathar the high priest, he entered the house of God and ate the consecrated bread, which is lawful only for priests to eat. And he also gave some to his companions."

27Then he said to them, "The Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath.

Atheists, Brett, and Jesus all in agreement on something. Who would have guessed.

-Steve

Brett said...

LOL! I couldn't go putting this up Saturday when I call it 'Sunday Blasphemy';)

I doubt a bunch of fundimentalist Jews are going to care what some guy from another religion has to say about it. I don't think they hold Jesus in the same high regard as you do, so Jesus' version wouldn't hold much water for them I'm afraid. These are the same people who won't ride elevators on the sabbath, I don't think logic will help, even Jesus', which I actually agree with in your example.

I'm not working much today because of a headache, and it fricken hot again, I'm sweating all over everything... gross, but true!

Best,

Brett